Any update?

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
guest3103

Any update?

Post by guest3103 »

Hey guys,

I am a new SMART recipient this year and I am wondering if anyone received any phone calls from the program. I submitted everything they wanted me to do. It says in the award website that 'To facilitate a smooth transition to the SMART Scholarship Program (SSP) community, all SMART Scholarship Program Participants (SSPPs) must complete Orientation. In addition to a Welcome to SMART telephone discussion, an online Orientation (E-Orientation) must be completed. All SSPPs will receive log in information and instructions via email. Completion of the SSP E-Orientation will ensure that you are aware of the basic program requirements and that all stipends may be provided in a timely manner. Failure to complete the SSP E-Orientation could impact your status with the Program and receipt of Program benefits.'

I did not get a phone call or any email from them. Is it the same case for everyone? I am a little nervous.

currentfed

Re: Any update?

Post by currentfed »

Same case for me. Maybe they're just waiting to have the list finalized (after second round selections went out last Friday) before doing all the phone calls at once.

MLW62

Post by MLW62 »

I emailed them on 24 July, here is the response:

SMART
Jul 24 (8 days ago)

to me
Hi Mike,

The details of the orientation are not yet confirmed. As soon as we have more information on the timing and logistics of the telephone discussion/E-Orientation, all awardees will be notified.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

The ASEE SMART Program Team
c/o American Society for Engineering Education
1818 N St. NW
Suite 600
Washington, DC 20036
Email: smart@asee.org

Fingers-Crossed

Post by Fingers-Crossed »

I received an email this afternoon with the login information and details for completing the orientation.

simply_guest

Post by simply_guest »

I also received this e-mail, been working on the Orientation Quiz. Has anyone passed this quiz yet with the required 100% accuracy?

quizpassingpro

Post by quizpassingpro »

I did it!

Be warned - I think there's a bug in the software. I kept clicking the option to try again when they said I hadn't gotten 100%, and eventually I was absolutely convinced that every answer was correct, but it was still saying that I hadn't passed. So I exited the quiz, immediately re-entered it, and used all the same answers as before (I'm 95% confident I didn't change anything). Then it said I passed.

So if you're having issues, you might want to try a fresh quiz session.

upsetSMART

Post by upsetSMART »

simply_guest wrote:I also received this e-mail, been working on the Orientation Quiz. Has anyone passed this quiz yet with the required 100% accuracy?
They did a quiz this year? What kind of stuff is it about?

simply_guest

Post by simply_guest »

quizpassingpro wrote:I did it!

Be warned - I think there's a bug in the software. I kept clicking the option to try again when they said I hadn't gotten 100%, and eventually I was absolutely convinced that every answer was correct, but it was still saying that I hadn't passed. So I exited the quiz, immediately re-entered it, and used all the same answers as before (I'm 95% confident I didn't change anything). Then it said I passed.

So if you're having issues, you might want to try a fresh quiz session.
I'm glad someone was able to pass it! I think I'm in the same boat that you were in, except I'm still not getting 100% after trying it again this morning. I'm also under the assumption there's a bug. I've scrutinized every question and verified the answers through the PowerPoint Orientation.

quizpassingpro

Post by quizpassingpro »

Wait a second! I theoretically passed the quiz, but SMART just emailed me to say that I haven't completed the training! Is anyone else in this situation?

Guest_Today

Post by Guest_Today »

Be sure you "save" the quiz.... after you take it... or it doesn't retain the score.

quizpassingpro

Post by quizpassingpro »

I DID! I pressed "submit", and saw a little progress bar that said something about updating their database. However, I noticed that my name is spelled wrong on the resulting document. Maybe that's it.