Foreign Travel

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
xkcd13

Foreign Travel

Post by xkcd13 »

Hey,

Has anyone submitted a foreign travel request form? Was there any trouble with having your travel approved?

Thanks

Inuyushi

Re: Foreign Travel

Post by Inuyushi »

Back when I was in the program, I went to Singapore and had no trouble. They got back to me promptly with an approval.

userrr

Post by userrr »

You need to give them a couple months advance notice

jramcam

Post by jramcam »

I was involved with Engineers Without Borders while I was in school so I had to submit this form a few times. Every time I submitted one, it went smooth, they got back to me in no time and foreign travel was approved. Remember that this form needs to be submitted to both your CA and the Security Manager, unless they have made changes to the policy.

xkcd13

Post by xkcd13 »

Just to follow up...

I submitted the form to the CA and they forwarded it to the security manager. The request was approved in 2 weeks -- no problems.

shandra_c

Post by shandra_c »

Related to the question above, has anyone submitted a Foreign Travel Request to the CA and had them respond with a tighter timeframe? I tried to submit a request for travel this coming May and my CA came back with a response that I could submit it no earlier than 45 days and no later than 30 days. When I checked the participant handbook, I never saw anything about the 45 day limit only the no later than 30 days. Maybe its a mute point, but I would really like my travel to be approved given that I have already booked it.

Grammar Nazi

Post by Grammar Nazi »

Moot not mute.

shandra_c

Post by shandra_c »

Related to the question above, has anyone submitted a Foreign Travel Request to the CA and had them respond with a tighter timeframe? I tried to submit a request for travel this coming May and my CA came back with a response that I could submit it no earlier than 45 days and no later than 30 days. When I checked the participant handbook, I never saw anything about the 45 day limit only the no later than 30 days. Maybe its a moot point, but I would really like my travel to be approved given that I have already booked it.