Required Acceptance Materials

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
NM_retention

Required Acceptance Materials

Post by NM_retention »

I sent my documents in last Friday (I was traveling from the 8th to the 14th) but my documents still don't show up as received. Has everyone else's status changed to received yet? What day did you send it in? I'm starting to worry, only one more day left.

TTU_Awardee

Re: Required Acceptance Materials

Post by TTU_Awardee »

I mailed mine in on Saturday and it shows they have received it. Have you clicked the radio button to accept the award? It did not show up for me until I did this.

guestUF

Post by guestUF »

I sent mine priority USPS on Monday and they showed up as received about an hr after I received delivery confirmation on Wednesday morning. I would not trust that they are still on their way, unless, like NM_retention said, you have not accepted the award yet.

Did you put delivery confirmation on your package?

guest UF

Post by guest UF »

guestUF wrote:I sent mine priority USPS on Monday and they showed up as received about an hr after I received delivery confirmation on Wednesday morning. I would not trust that they are still on their way, unless, like NM_retention said, you have not accepted the award yet.

Did you put delivery confirmation on your package?
Sorry, like TTU_Awardee said. derp.

NM_retention

Post by NM_retention »

I just put it in regular mail here at the office. I went ahead and reaccomplished the forms and am sending it overnight FedEx to make sure it gets there on time. Only thing missing from this set is a cancelled check.

NM_retention

Post by NM_retention »

And yes I did check the accept button. Thanks for the reminder though. It would be exactly like me to make a mistake like that. :P

2012_UMD

Post by 2012_UMD »

All mine are accepted. I do live 8 miles from the main office, though, so my mail got there immediately.

guestUF

Post by guestUF »

NM_retention wrote:I just put it in regular mail here at the office. I went ahead and reaccomplished the forms and am sending it overnight FedEx to make sure it gets there on time. Only thing missing from this set is a cancelled check.
Probably a good idea. Just to make sure.

fish_

Post by fish_ »

@nm_retention, never use office mail if you want it to go quickly. where i am, it would add a day or two. we express mailed it with delivery confirmation.

smart_hopeful

Post by smart_hopeful »

I priority-mailed with delivery confirmation last Wednesday. It arrived Friday, and my document status updated on Monday.

Personally I would suggest that if your status has not changed by this point, the best thing to do might be to call SMART and speak to a human personally and let them know you're accepting the offer but your mail has been delayed. I did this back when I had a glitch mailing in my transcripts for the application, and they were pretty helpful.