2012 Cohort, Atte-e-e-ntion!

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
Three Point One Four

Re: 2012 Cohort, Atte-e-e-ntion!

Post by Three Point One Four »

smart_hopeful wrote:As a new guy I hesitate to step into this potential hornet's nest, but should we expect the first SMART paychecks to go out August 1? If so, good, but if not it would be nice to know so I can arrange my expenses accordingly.
Stipend payments are made on the third Friday of each month. The first payment for new recipients will be August 17th.

DD2012

Post by DD2012 »

If you read the handbook it says the first payment will be the third Friday in August. And every payment thereafter will be the third Friday of the month.

Post by Guest »

I just got in as a round two participant, so I am just beginning paperwork. I need a phone number for the SPO to give the transcript company used by my university. Does anyone have one?

TTU_Awardee

Post by TTU_Awardee »

Guest wrote:I just got in as a round two participant, so I am just beginning paperwork. I need a phone number for the SPO to give the transcript company used by my university. Does anyone have one?
(202) 331-3544

2012_UMD

Post by 2012_UMD »

I talked to my CA today, and got some good info: the first paycheck will be $2,200 fatter, owing to the health insurance and book allowances. Also, less awesome: confirmed no more $3k boost for PhD candidacy.

tdavis1455

Post by tdavis1455 »

Paychecks go out 3rd friday of every month