Draft Educational Work Plan

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
2012 recipient

Draft Educational Work Plan

Post by 2012 recipient »

I got my scholarship award Friday and am trying to fill out my paperwork. I got 3 years of funding to get a joint BS/MS degree in Electrical Engineering. I am starting my junior year this fall. I was wondering how past recipients have filled out their Educational Work Plan (EWP). With the joint degree program it totally changes the courses you have available for your last 3 semesters. I can take a shot in the dark when filling out the EWP but am not really sure yet what emphasis I want to have in my degree. Or whether I want to do a coursework based or thesis based masters degree. I was honestly hoping I would have a little time through the next year to rub elbows with other recipients at my SF and get a better idea what emphasis would complement my future career the best. But it seems like SMART wants everything layed out right now.

Just wanting to get input on what other recipients have done when filling out their EWP? The rest of the acceptance paperwork seems easy but I am a little stumped with this. Any feedback would be appreciated!

ma82am

Re: Draft Educational Work Plan

Post by ma82am »

Hi there, I'm a 2012 recipient as well & my impression for the EWP is that you fill it out to the best of your ability. It doesn't seem to be entirely set in stone and I feel as though your SF and SMART in general would be accommodating to changes in your EWP - it is a draft, after all.

I'm not sure what your educational situation is but I'm going to ask my academic advisor for his extensive help on this form and just fill in what I can in terms of course specifics.

tdavis1

Re: Draft Educational Work Plan

Post by tdavis1 »

SMART just wanna make sure you have a plan I've changed my 3 times