Anyone get a CAC yet under the new guidelines?

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
empty

Anyone get a CAC yet under the new guidelines?

Post by empty »

Has anyone been able to get a CAC issued yet under the new guidelines?

I've been trying to fill out some preliminary paperwork to "grease the wheels" once I am actually at the SF, but I've found there is a lot of information we don't have, such as our contract number.

Anyone else run into this issue or resolved it?

Re: Anyone get a CAC yet under the new guidelines?

Post by Guest »

I have not gotten my CAC yet, but my SF is setting everything up so that I get it when I get there. Just my situation though.

empty

Post by empty »

Not to be overly pessimistic, but I'll believe that kind of thing when I see it. Too much of the paperwork in order to even put you into the system requires your signature for them to actually put it through before you are there. Plus, I have my doubts whether they have the appropriate contractor information, since it doesn't even seem like the SPO has it with all of the recent changes.

If you are so lucky, I am jealous.

Post by Guest »

From what I've been told, we (the group of us going to the base for internships this year) are getting put on a temporary base access list and we will meet to go over CAC items before we go to our mentors. Either way, it's out of my hands at the moment.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:From what I've been told, we (the group of us going to the base for internships this year) are getting put on a temporary base access list and we will meet to go over CAC items before we go to our mentors. Either way, it's out of my hands at the moment.
dont be too surprised if its take 1-2 weeks to get a CAC after you arrive. It's kind of silly, but I've seen it happen many times. Also no CAC = no computer

Kaelinth

Post by Kaelinth »

My SF/POC initiated the process of getting the CAC this week. The provided us with the necessary information to get our email address (without a CAC) and then we provided additional information to our TA. My TA then initiated my CVS and it took all of about 45 minutes to complete from there. At this point, all I need to do is get to a RAPIDS facility (I am pretty sure it can be any facility, but not 100%) in order to get the physical card.

superskbman

Post by superskbman »

So I just got my CAC card this morning. I started work on Monday(two days ago) so really not too long a wait. Its a Contractor CAC.
Read my Blog at www.FamVestor.com

Learn about creating Passive Income, Being Frugal, Living Optimalisticaly, and designing a wholesome lifestyle all for the purpose of Investing in your Family.