SMART Scholars Standup Facebook Page

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
tdavis

SMART Scholars Standup Facebook Page

Post by tdavis »

Hey everybody. In light of the changes from the SMART office we have created a facebook page as another point to congregate for our loss of funds. Do not be afraid to register there we are doing nothing illegal.

http://www.facebook.com/SmartScholarsStandTogether

Re: SMART Scholars Standup Facebook Page

Post by Guest »

We need a few other admins...message the FB page if you want admin access. I can't do this all by myself. I'm not FB savvy.

Guest1

Post by Guest1 »

I'm not FB saavy either, but I liked the page because it looks like it doesn't have a group listing that's public (or viewable even by other "likers") so that's nice.

While it's probably on everyone's mind to create the group to get back the $1200/week, you should remember that shouldn't be the sole goal of the group.

I speak as one who finished and the job prospect ended up being completely ruined by my SF. They refused to honor the verbal agreement they had given me when I first accepted the scholarship, and gave me an offer that frankly was quite insulting. The SMART Program sided with the SF in this instance.

You should keep in mind the SMART Program tried to change the contract considerably, and it made you angry, rightfully so. The bigger goal should be to either get the SMART Program to start acting honorably or to release you without debt repayment threats.

Post by Guest »

Go to the link and like it! Get it out there! Share with EVERYONE!

Then use the page to discuss!

https://www.facebook.com/SmartScholarsStandTogether

Post by Guest »

Spoke to our campus legal services today. They definitely said it was a breach of contract and recommended that I obtain counsel. They also recommended that I not comply with any internship related paperwork until I have made some legal steps. I am contacting lawyers now. I will let you guys know what I find out. I'm also going to keep the FB page posted.

GuestK

Post by GuestK »

I have not received a change in contract is this only relating to people doing summer internships? I will be starting full time starting this summer...but I also have not gotten my monthly payment. If this is what we are fighting for I do want to get out of this program without repayment, after my own experiences and the horror stories of doing nothing...

Post by Guest »

Come on guys! over 400 views on here and only 18 likes on facebook. Visit us on FB and like us so we can get the numbers we need to show OSD we are united! Only the group admins can see if you like FB and I am one of the two. No need to be worried about your anonymity! SPO and OSD can't see without hacking or getting a warrant and we aren't doing anything wrong or illegal :) So come on...like us on FB. Let's get 100 likes by April 5!!! Share and like and share and like...

jramcam

Post by jramcam »

You have my support, I joined the FB page. Have you heard anything back from legal counsel?