Internship Support Payments

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
RPI CSE

Re: Internship Support Payments

Post by RPI CSE »

Guest wrote:
tdavis4 wrote:Does this mean they are limiting outside scholarships again. I've spends dozens of hours apply.
I bet they would be more than happy to send you less.money and allow you to get other money elsewhere...talk to your ca
To quote my CA: "The monetary limit on outside funding remains lifted as set forth in the 20 March 2012 email. "

So my people, go forth and apply for free money!!

I believe it depends on your school and the individual scholarships if you can get a kickback from them or if they send it to SMART, so you should check it out, but you can now get as much as you want (following the source restrictions)!

Good luck and good hunting!

broke

Post by broke »

I asked about when we get the money and received this:
You should receive your internship support payments in 3 installments: 4/20/12, 5/18/12 and 6/15/12. They will be included with your monthly stipend payments.

Another thing to be carefull of:
My university just did an audit of my account and decided I was receiving more than the estimated cost of attendance so I had some of my student loans and other scholarships recinded. I had to pay $14,000 in order to register for next semesters classes because they decided to count the cash award as a scholarship. Ask financial aid office before you start getting unlimited funds!

Post by Guest »

Broke, do you mind me askng....

1. Do you mean you were getting other scholarships and student loans, so that your school was paying you the excess every semester? Or that they decided to count your monthly stipend as a scholarship?

2. Does the timimg of of your internship support payments coincide with your internship or are we all getting paid those days?

Thanks!