OOPS!

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
guest225293

OOPS!

Post by guest225293 »

Nice - we get shorted a paycheck right before spring break....

Here is the thread to gripe and complain!

Re: OOPS!

Post by Guest »

guest225293 wrote:Nice - we get shorted a paycheck right before spring break....

Here is the thread to gripe and complain!
Hopefully it comes next week :-@

EdMoc

Post by EdMoc »

Anybody knows why? Is there a funding problem? I thought the SMART scholarships were pre-allocated, maybe I am wrong!

Post by Guest »

EdMoc wrote:Anybody knows why? Is there a funding problem? I thought the SMART scholarships were pre-allocated, maybe I am wrong!
They should have sent an email that it wasn't a funding problem. Hopefully it comes before my rent is due!

Post by Guest »

Anybody get paid yet??

Guest225875

Post by Guest225875 »

Nope.....

This is not good....

RPI CSE

Post by RPI CSE »

Guest wrote:Anybody get paid yet??
Still no...

I do have bills to pay with that money... I am hoping to get it before the end of the month otherwise there are going to be a ton of fees that I will definitely not be able to afford after this summers pay reduction...

Has anyone heard anything about when we will be getting it, or is it all dark on that front?

not_smart_SMART

Post by not_smart_SMART »

No payment yet.I don't think anyone has received funds. I imagine there is some sort of contract restructuring going on and if you accept this next payment you will be locked in to the new guidelines. Either way I am withdrawing from the program. It is my understanding that the monies owed to ASEE and SMART converts to a federal debt similar to subsidized and unsubsidized student loans and payed back over time. Every single SMART recipient at my SF has had a horrible experience with this program and the SF. Some upon graduation have worked for months without pay because hiring authority is dictated by OPM, and once pay was fixed their term of service contractual obligation was increased because they were not technically employees until OPM finalized the process. The individuals that interviewed and selected me for this program are no longer with the SF, and the new supervisors do not have a position for me. This seems to be fairly common throughout the program. Any other thoughts? Has anyone had a different experience? Is anyone else thinking of withdrawing from the program?

Guest7

Post by Guest7 »

not_smart_SMART wrote:No payment yet.I don't think anyone has received funds. I imagine there is some sort of contract restructuring going on and if you accept this next payment you will be locked in to the new guidelines. Either way I am withdrawing from the program. It is my understanding that the monies owed to ASEE and SMART converts to a federal debt similar to subsidized and unsubsidized student loans and payed back over time. Every single SMART recipient at my SF has had a horrible experience with this program and the SF. Some upon graduation have worked for months without pay because hiring authority is dictated by OPM, and once pay was fixed their term of service contractual obligation was increased because they were not technically employees until OPM finalized the process. The individuals that interviewed and selected me for this program are no longer with the SF, and the new supervisors do not have a position for me. This seems to be fairly common throughout the program. Any other thoughts? Has anyone had a different experience? Is anyone else thinking of withdrawing from the program?
I'm out, similar reasons.