Site Visit Request Date

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
JMUsmart

Site Visit Request Date

Post by JMUsmart »

Hello everyone!

I just had a quick question. I’ve emailed my point of contact as well as the main smartscholar email about this, but what do I do if I never got a set date for my site visit? The deadline to submit the request form is today, but my point of contact has yet to give me a set date I could put on there, and they haven’t replied to my email yet today so I’m thinking they won’t get to it until tomorrow after the deadline.

A thread from a couple years ago had people saying they put “TBD” as their date, but the electronic submission doesn’t accept anything besides actual dates, so I don’t think I could do that myself. Is anyone else in this situation or knows what I could do?

Eclipsis

Re: Site Visit Request Date

Post by Eclipsis »

Hey! I'm in the exact same boat. In my situation, I'll be interning at my Sponsoring Facility through a different program. I'm going to put a date that lies within my internship date since I'll be onsite and available every day, and I'll just email my POC regarding this tomorrow morning. As long as you stay in communication with your POC, I don't see why any issue would arrive with you putting any date for the time being.

JMUsmart

Re: Site Visit Request Date

Post by JMUsmart »

Eclipsis wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:07 pm
Hey! I'm in the exact same boat. In my situation, I'll be interning at my Sponsoring Facility through a different program. I'm going to put a date that lies within my internship date since I'll be onsite and available every day, and I'll just email my POC regarding this tomorrow morning. As long as you stay in communication with your POC, I don't see why any issue would arrive with you putting any date for the time being.
It’s comforting to know I wasn’t the only one! But luckily they replied to my email a while later yesterday saying they’ll understand if I have to submit it late, and to just wait until my POC does contact me, which they did this morning. I’ll admit, I was just panicking a bit because I’m a new recruit and I didn’t know how strict or unforgiving they’d be with this kind of situation.

Anyway, I hope yours works out as well as mine did. Good luck!