So what is everyone doing with their money?

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
superskbman

So what is everyone doing with their money?

Post by superskbman »

So just kind of wanted to take a poll as to what they are going to do or are doing with their money. Just let it sit there? Invest it? If so, how are you investing it?

Boring

Re: So what is everyone doing with their money?

Post by Boring »

Saving it until I graduate and then using it to pay off student loans I have accumulated prior to receiving the award.

superskbman

Post by superskbman »

Boring wrote:Saving it until I graduate and then using it to pay off student loans I have accumulated prior to receiving the award.
I'm not sure about all facilities, but I know at my facility (and I think it is just a government program) every year you work there, they pay back a certain amount (I remember hearing $4,000) of your loans for you. I mean the program might not still be around by the time we graduate, but just something to keep in mind.
Read my Blog at www.FamVestor.com

Learn about creating Passive Income, Being Frugal, Living Optimalisticaly, and designing a wholesome lifestyle all for the purpose of Investing in your Family.

Current Participant

Post by Current Participant »

I don't know about you but I have a cross country move in my future. My CA said that when she moved cross country that it cost her about $3,000 to get everything there. I don't have nearly as much stuff, but honestly, I'm budgeting for the worst possible moving costs. My facility couldn't offer me anything in the way of a bonus. It's good advice to plan for moving yourself

Post by Guest »

Current Participant wrote:I don't know about you but I have a cross country move in my future. My CA said that when she moved cross country that it cost her about $3,000 to get everything there. I don't have nearly as much stuff, but honestly, I'm budgeting for the worst possible moving costs. My facility couldn't offer me anything in the way of a bonus. It's good advice to plan for moving yourself
Ask your facility if awardee's are eligible for a dity move.

fish

Post by fish »

spending as little as possible just in case it has to repaid.