Tuition Payment

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients

Tuition Payment

Post by Guest »

My tuition still has not been paid by ASEE. My bill was due August 1st and I have sent my bursars contact information to SMART. I was just wondering if other peoples hasn't been paid yet or if anyone knows a rough timeline for tuition payment. Thanks!

fish_

Re: Tuition Payment

Post by fish_ »

did anybody get the tuition for spring 2012 semester yet?

RPI CSE

Post by RPI CSE »

My Fall 2011 semester was paid mid-late September, my spring 2012 semester has not been paid yet though.

I am guessing that the payments will be made mid February. I hope...

Anyone have any other information?

Post by Guest »

For Fall 2011 there was roughly a month between when classes started and when they paid it. Mine hasn't been paid yet for Spring 2012 either.

empty

Post by empty »

It may depend on how your university processes it. Mine appears paid right after I register for courses (within 3 days). I'm not sure whether that means ASEE has actually paid them or if they mark it as 'paid' simply because they have some sort of contractual understanding that it will be paid by the third party (ASEE).

fish_

Post by fish_ »

thanks for the replies. i just wanted to make sure that it wasn't just me. i used the accumulated stipend money to pay up front for spring

xkcd13

Post by xkcd13 »

I had trouble getting my tuition payed, but I found it was my school's fault, not asee's. Asee paid almost immediately after receiving a bill.

BTW, I wouldn't pay my tuition up from with my own money, if I were you.
Last edited by xkcd13 on Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spelling

fish_

Post by fish_ »

it is always better to pay with somebody eles's money, but the university policy is to pay the bill when due. that being said, i called the university to see if they were the hold-up. they were. they wait until the drop-add period is over before billing SMART for the tuition and fees. they said that when the agreement letter from SMART is received, they flag the student account so that no late fees are assessed, and classes will be retained if the due date passes. when the SMART money arrives at the university, it will be refunded to me since the bill was already paid

me123

Post by me123 »

If you know you have grant or scholarship money coming just inform them and (at least in the case of my school) they will work with you. If they know the money's coming I doubt they will kick you out.