Dress Code

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
The Best Guest

Dress Code

Post by The Best Guest »

I know one of the documents we were emailed about orientation said dress was business casual but I'm curious as to what people actually intend to wear. I'd like to actually just dress business casual but if everyone else is going to be wearing a suit the whole time I guess I would have to also. Is there any time you guys intend to wear a suit, such as the reception dinner or your CA interview?

jramcam

Re: Dress Code

Post by jramcam »

I am planning on wearing a suit the first night for the CA Interview & Opening Reception and tuesday night for the Dod Award Ceremony.

rjbritt

Post by rjbritt »

I plan on wearing slacks and a dress shirt (business casual). I'll probably bring a tie just in case though.

Post by Guest »

I don't plan on wear a suit at any point. Keeping it business casual because they're nothing worse than being overdressed.

Post by Guest »

I will follow their dress code.

jramcam

Post by jramcam »

As long as you are following their dress code you should be fine, but I'd rather be overdressed than underdressed.

Everybody have a safe trip!

UF_ME

Post by UF_ME »

I am ok with the business casual, but what are you all planning on wearing the last day. I am not sure what is acceptable hot weather casual. I was thinking nice shorts and a polo. What do you all think?

Post by Guest »

UF_ME wrote:I am ok with the business casual, but what are you all planning on wearing the last day. I am not sure what is acceptable hot weather casual. I was thinking nice shorts and a polo. What do you all think?
I would suggest that not wearing shorts for this special occasion; a pair of dressing pants and a polo shirt, rather.