Facilities that Seek Mechanical Engineers

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients

Facilities that Seek Mechanical Engineers

Postby CheeseburgerSpecial » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:26 pm

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know what facilities generally look for Smart Scholars majoring in mechanical engineering?
CheeseburgerSpecial

Re: Facilities that Seek Mechanical Engineers

Postby DisappointedSloth » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:05 pm

The SMART scholarship’s website lists facilities by STEM discipline desired. Mechanical engineering is popular throughout a ton of facilities in all service branches.
DisappointedSloth

Re: Facilities that Seek Mechanical Engineers

Postby rigs90 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:35 pm

Even though there may be a lot of facilities that take in mechanical engineers, the number positions they have available can vary a lot. For example, ARDEC probably takes in quite a few mechanical engineers because they do a lot of work with various mechanical systems, whereas Marine Corp Systems Command, even though they work on a few mechanical related projects such as light armored vehicles, they only take in about one mechanical engineer from SMART each year because they have more focus into other areas.
rigs90

Return to Recipients