Award Adjustment Request‏s

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
jramcam

Award Adjustment Request‏s

Post by jramcam »

If you have requested an award adjustment, please share your experience with that here. I requested one on 04/07/11 and I have not heard back from them.

Re: Award Adjustment Request‏s

Post by Guest »

I only adjusted the actual degree program because I was undecided when I applied (from PhD to MS/PhD).. I talked to somebody affiliated with SMART, they recommended I make the change, and I got feedback from them within a week with a new offer letter.

If you are requesting more/less time, it has to be approved my SMART and your SF, so that may take longer..

Post by Guest »

I requested a change from retention to recruitment. My request was also made on 4/7 and I have not heard back from them. They told me to go ahead and send in my documents, minus my award letter. I emailed them today asking about the timeline and received this response:

Hi ******,

Unfortunately, we have not yet heard back from the SMART Program Office regarding your award adjustment. If we have received your documents, that is sufficient for now, until we receive further clarification from the SPO.

Thank you for your patience.

The ASEE SMART Program Team

jramcam

Post by jramcam »

That is exactly the response I got this afternoon, so I think we will be ok. I requested to change my degree completion date from August 2012 to December 2012 so I can accomodate for the summer internship requirement. I checked with both my SF and the SPO before submitting it and they both said it should not be a problem. I will post again when I get a final decision on the request.

Post by Guest »

I requested 1 more year and a change of university.

Contacted my POC at my SF first and he checked with everyone and said it was going to be approved (probably). He said they weren't processing requests til they heard back from everyone so to go ahead and send in my award acceptance paperwork which I did.

jramcam

Post by jramcam »

My request got approved, I got this e-mail at 11:40 AM:

J,

Your award adjustment request has been approved by the SMART Program Office and your award letter has been updated. Please submit this document next week.

Thank you,

The ASEE SMART Program Team
c/o American Society for Engineering Education
1818 N St. NW
Suite 600
Washington, DC 20036

Post by Guest »

^ Received the same.

Post by Guest »

I also received the same email this afternoon.

Post by Guest »

So you all applied for a lesser length than you needed and then requested more time after you were accept?

Post by Guest »

My request was for a change from retention to recruitment

jramcam

Post by jramcam »

In my case, not exactly, I did NOT request for any extra semesters of funding, I just requested to graduate in the fall instead of the summer in order to fulfill the summer internship requirement.