ACT-ED vs Local USACE

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients

ACT-ED vs Local USACE

Postby Vandal » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:11 am

So I am currently going into my junior year/second year under SMART and during my internship this summer I was hearing some things about the difference between being an ACT-ED vs a locally funded EIT. Specifically that ACT-EDs arn't given the special SSR rate for being an engineer but that locally funded EIT are, does anyone have more info on this?
I also heard rumors that the ACT-ED program was going to be ending within the next two years (I hope it does as then I won't have to deal with it once I graduate) has anyone else heard similar things or have the actual story/info on this vs just random hearsay?
Vandal

Return to Recipients