SMART WORTH?? NOT THAT MUCH

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
JD1997

SMART WORTH?? NOT THAT MUCH

Post by JD1997 »

Sometimes I wonder if SMART is worth the commitment. I'm not even using what I learned, hell the job I do doesn't require a degree because of how simple it is. Thanks SMART for the job that doesn't have anything to do with Mechanical Engineering. Should have picked a construction manager for this position.

JDetwiler

Re: SMART WORTH?? NOT THAT MUCH

Post by JDetwiler »

I'm not sure what your SF is like, but in general, I don't think you're stuck at your position if you're truly unhappy with it. You are, in general, stuck at your SF. But, you can move around inside there. Talk to your supervisors or HR about moving somewhere that would "intellectually challenge" you more. If that's literally not an option at your SF, maybe appeal to SMART to move to a new SF? You could always just leave if you're that unhappy, too.
I'm a Phase 2 recipient, B.S. in Computer Science, B.S. in Math from Virginia Tech Dec. 2019. I've been with SMART since Spring 2017; Dahlgren is my SF.

Don't walk, run away from SMART (see my first post on this forum).

texag

Post by texag »

JD1997, out of curiosity, did they assign you something totally different than what you had discussed with them? If the construction management they have you doing now is not what you signed on to do, talk with them. And if it is, then I guess all you can do is count your days until freedom.
2017 Cohort|BS Civil Eng.|Project Management @ JBSA

AGuest

Post by AGuest »

Not atypical for them to assign you to something different than what you signed up for.

JD1997, I quit SMART because of this as I got no where with being able to be reassigned another SF or even another organization. Hope your luck is better.