Question Regarding Phase 2

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients

Question Regarding Phase 2

Postby PlentyOfWhales » Tue May 21, 2019 11:26 am

I was told today that my SF may not be able to hire me after I graduate due to no positions open. What happens in this situation? Am I released from the SMART program? Do I have to repay SMART back? Do they send me to anothet base that has an opening?
Thanks
PlentyOfWhales

Re: Question Regarding Phase 2

Postby Congrats » Tue May 21, 2019 11:54 am

You'll either be assigned another SF, or they'll release you without any debt -.. congrats
Congrats

Re: Question Regarding Phase 2

Postby ky502 » Wed May 22, 2019 1:53 pm

According to the Handbook "Under rare circumstances, scholars must be willing to
relocate to and complete the internship periods and the service commitment with a new SF located
anywhere within the United States if re-assigned by the SMART Program." So yes there is a chance they will release you, but they can also place you anywhere
ky502

Return to Recipients