Volunteer CAC

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients

Volunteer CAC

Postby ky502 » Thu May 02, 2019 7:32 pm

Does anyone else receive a CAC and email address marked volunteer during their internship? If so, do you have issues with it? If not, what type of CAC do you have?

I was originally given a volunteer CAC on my last internship but I couldn’t get computer access and base security did not like my use of the card to consistently access base. Eventually they gave me a civilian CAC.

For this summers internship, they refused to give me anything other than a volunteer CAC.
ky502

Re: Volunteer CAC

Postby Guest1234 » Fri May 03, 2019 9:40 pm

ky502 wrote:Does anyone else receive a CAC and email address marked volunteer during their internship? If so, do you have issues with it? If not, what type of CAC do you have?

I was originally given a volunteer CAC on my last internship but I couldn’t get computer access and base security did not like my use of the card to consistently access base. Eventually they gave me a civilian CAC.

For this summers internship, they refused to give me anything other than a volunteer CAC.

As a recrtiment candidate, I got a contractor CAC, however they gave me the same access rights as a civilian. As a retention candidate, I am keeping my civilian CAC.
Guest1234

Return to Recipients