GPA below 3.0 Awardee

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients

GPA below 3.0 Awardee

Postby JaronG1997 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:40 pm

I was just offered the smart scholarship and I am in the process of completing the acceptance tasks; however, I'm worried about my grades this semester and my cumulative GPA could become a 2.9, I was accepted with a 3.03. I called the SMART scholarship office and they said my offer would be rescinded. Has anyone else been in the same situation and if so, was there a way around it? I know that I would be able to bring my GPA up next semester and maintain it with the help of the scholarship as I would not have to work and go to school at the same time anymore.
JaronG1997

Re: GPA below 3.0 Awardee

Postby rerathar » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:13 pm

I'm close, after this semester I'm looking at a GPA anywhere between a 2.98 and a 3.3 (one class, where the only grade for the course is the final, is super stressful) depending on how I do. I recommend taking a spring course or two to bring your GPA up since transcripts aren't due until after Spring semester.
rerathar

Postby LostinCyberspace » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:38 pm

rerathar wrote:transcripts aren't due until after Spring semester.

They asked me for my transcripts after the first fall semester I was an awardee.
LostinCyberspace

Postby rerathar » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:41 pm

LostinCyberspace wrote:

They asked me for my transcripts after the first fall semester I was an awardee.

Our dashboard asks us for transcripts after the Spring semester, no later than July 31st
rerathar

Postby Guest123456 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:16 pm

rerathar wrote:
LostinCyberspace wrote:

Our dashboard asks us for transcripts after the Spring semester, no later than July 31st

LMI's current policy is after each semester - I think it's in the 2019 handbook? Would have to double check.
Guest123456

Postby malarious » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:39 am

Hi all. My GPA was under 3.0 after last winter.

They will put you on probation and give you a semester to fix it. "Semester" means Fall or Winter, Summer/Spring is free. They do not consider Summer/Spring, because they specifically define their year (in the handbook) as Fall and Winter semesters.
malarious

Postby LostinCyberspace » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:04 am

malarious wrote:Hi all. My GPA was under 3.0 after last winter.

They will put you on probation and give you a semester to fix it. "Semester" means Fall or Winter, Summer/Spring is free. They do not consider Summer/Spring, because they specifically define their year (in the handbook) as Fall and Winter semesters.

I think it’s really confusing how different universities use different words. I think it will be better to say “LMI will ask for transcripts in December and May.” Because “Winter” is only used to refer to the December/January break at my school, and “Spring” is the semester from January to May. I think that is less ambiguous.
LostinCyberspace

Return to Recipients