GPA below 3.0 Awardee

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients

GPA below 3.0 Awardee

Postby JaronG1997 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:40 pm

I was just offered the smart scholarship and I am in the process of completing the acceptance tasks; however, I'm worried about my grades this semester and my cumulative GPA could become a 2.9, I was accepted with a 3.03. I called the SMART scholarship office and they said my offer would be rescinded. Has anyone else been in the same situation and if so, was there a way around it? I know that I would be able to bring my GPA up next semester and maintain it with the help of the scholarship as I would not have to work and go to school at the same time anymore.
JaronG1997
 

Re: GPA below 3.0 Awardee

Postby rerathar » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:13 pm

I'm close, after this semester I'm looking at a GPA anywhere between a 2.98 and a 3.3 (one class, where the only grade for the course is the final, is super stressful) depending on how I do. I recommend taking a spring course or two to bring your GPA up since transcripts aren't due until after Spring semester.
rerathar
 

Re: GPA below 3.0 Awardee

Postby LostinCyberspace » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:38 pm

rerathar wrote:transcripts aren't due until after Spring semester.


They asked me for my transcripts after the first fall semester I was an awardee.
LostinCyberspace
 

Re: GPA below 3.0 Awardee

Postby rerathar » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:41 pm

LostinCyberspace wrote:
rerathar wrote:transcripts aren't due until after Spring semester.


They asked me for my transcripts after the first fall semester I was an awardee.

Our dashboard asks us for transcripts after the Spring semester, no later than July 31st
rerathar
 

Re: GPA below 3.0 Awardee

Postby Guest123456 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:16 pm

rerathar wrote:
LostinCyberspace wrote:
rerathar wrote:transcripts aren't due until after Spring semester.


They asked me for my transcripts after the first fall semester I was an awardee.

Our dashboard asks us for transcripts after the Spring semester, no later than July 31st


LMI's current policy is after each semester - I think it's in the 2019 handbook? Would have to double check.
Guest123456
 

Re: GPA below 3.0 Awardee

Postby malarious » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:39 am

Hi all. My GPA was under 3.0 after last winter.

They will put you on probation and give you a semester to fix it. "Semester" means Fall or Winter, Summer/Spring is free. They do not consider Summer/Spring, because they specifically define their year (in the handbook) as Fall and Winter semesters.
malarious
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:54 am

Re: GPA below 3.0 Awardee

Postby LostinCyberspace » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:04 am

malarious wrote:Hi all. My GPA was under 3.0 after last winter.

They will put you on probation and give you a semester to fix it. "Semester" means Fall or Winter, Summer/Spring is free. They do not consider Summer/Spring, because they specifically define their year (in the handbook) as Fall and Winter semesters.


I think it’s really confusing how different universities use different words. I think it will be better to say “LMI will ask for transcripts in December and May.” Because “Winter” is only used to refer to the December/January break at my school, and “Spring” is the semester from January to May. I think that is less ambiguous.
LostinCyberspace
 


Return to Recipients

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Welcome. The Unofficial SMART Scholarship Forum is fully supported through this banner add. In the past, I have relied on this income to pay for all hosting and domain charges, but it has only covered half of my expenses in recent years. If this is the first time you are seeing a banner here, it is because an adblocker has prevented it from appearing (I don't blame you). If you have found this forum valuable, I would appreciate it if you consider supporting its upkeep.

Thank you for being a part of this community.

-Chris