Anyone had their summer internship approved?

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
Ky502

Anyone had their summer internship approved?

Post by Ky502 »

Has anyone received the email notification that their summer internship was approved?

I submitted mine a month ago, and I am now less than 8 weeks out from my start date. I will need to buy flights, book a rental car, and begin looking for housing in the area soon.

I emailed SMART to get an ETA and all they said was “You will receive a notification as soon as your internship request is processed. Thank you for your patience.”

WhatIWouldDo

Re: Anyone had their summer internship approved?

Post by WhatIWouldDo »

Ky502 wrote:Has anyone received the email notification that their summer internship was approved?

I submitted mine a month ago, and I am now less than 8 weeks out from my start date. I will need to buy flights, book a rental car, and begin looking for housing in the area soon.

I emailed SMART to get an ETA and all they said was “You will receive a notification as soon as your internship request is processed. Thank you for your patience.”
If I were you, I would assume it will be approved and start booking these things from now. They will only get more expensive as it approaches, and it seems doubtful It will end up getting denied.

EngineerBeyond

Post by EngineerBeyond »

Absolutely do not assume.
I was denied for 2 summers in a row.
Contact your point of contact and ask them specifically.

Guest1749

Post by Guest1749 »

EngineerBeyond wrote:Absolutely do not assume.
I was denied for 2 summers in a row.
Contact your point of contact and ask them specifically.
Why would internships be denied? Is it always security clearance related?

_Guest

Post by _Guest »

I got my approval today.

GuestAnon

Post by GuestAnon »

I still have not received approval.

peachparrot

Post by peachparrot »

Where is the Recruitment Internship Request form? I've been working directly with my sponsoring facility about my internship. I just got an email from SMART saying I have 7 days to submit the form. However, the attached letter said someone else's name. I don't think I've submitted the form, but SMART seemed to just say 'oh, that's fine, our bad' and didn't tell me any other information.

LostinCyberspace

Post by LostinCyberspace »

peachparrot wrote:Where is the Recruitment Internship Request form? I've been working directly with my sponsoring facility about my internship. I just got an email from SMART saying I have 7 days to submit the form. However, the attached letter said someone else's name. I don't think I've submitted the form, but SMART seemed to just say 'oh, that's fine, our bad' and didn't tell me any other information.
It was emailed to me on February 1.

Post by Guest »

Mine was approved on Friday (Navy SF)

ky502

Post by ky502 »

I have emailed twice now, and they cannot tell me when I will be notified either way. I am supposed to fly out in less than 6 weeks.

anymouse

Post by anymouse »

This will not be the last time you experience this level of uncertainty while working with the DoD.

LostinCyberspace

Post by LostinCyberspace »

I've also emailed twice in the last two weeks. Neither have been answered :/

GuestLady

Post by GuestLady »

SMART emailed me saying there was an issue with my paperwork (SF put my dates Sun-Sat not M-F) about two weeks ago. I had to email my SF and reconfirm the correct dates and resubmit things. They said it had to go through review and they would notify me when completed. Judging on this exchange it sounds like they are at least working on getting people approved.

(AF SF)

Guesty

Post by Guesty »

Just received approval via email today for my internship, which will be starting in 5 weeks.

GuestAnon

Post by GuestAnon »

I just got my approval today!

guaasst

Post by guaasst »

I got approved last month

Guest29

Post by Guest29 »

Still haven’t gotten an approval.

PianosAndViolas

Post by PianosAndViolas »

Guest29 wrote:Still haven’t gotten an approval.
Nope, me neither. Are you air force by chance?

Guest29

Post by Guest29 »

PianosAndViolas wrote:
Yep!

guest3

Post by guest3 »

Guest29 wrote:
PianosAndViolas wrote:
Yep!
Air force here as well, scheduled to start in less than three weeks and still haven't gotten my internship approved. Any idea what happens if our start date passes and we have yet to be approved? Starting to get a bit nervous that it won't be approved at all, as I have never dealt with a delay like this in the past.

PianosAndViolas

Post by PianosAndViolas »

I got paid for an internship support stipend, but haven't been accepted yet. Has anyone else experienced this?

Guest29

Post by Guest29 »

Air force here as well, scheduled to start in less than three weeks and still haven't gotten my internship approved. Any idea what happens if our start date passes and we have yet to be approved? Starting to get a bit nervous that it won't be approved at all, as I have never dealt with a delay like this in the past.[/quote]

Pretty sure you just take summer classes. I registered for summer just in case and can drop them if it gets approved no penalty. In your case with a start date so soon, I’d reach out to your SF and SMART. My finals aren’t finished until May 17th so I have quite a few weeks.

GuEsT0102

Post by GuEsT0102 »

PianosAndViolas wrote:I got paid for an internship support stipend, but haven't been accepted yet. Has anyone else experienced this?
Same here

Guest29

Post by Guest29 »

Just a few weeks from my start date and I STILL haven’t been approved. I’m supposed to be there for 10 weeks and I did receive an extra $3,333.33 this month in what I’m assuming is 1/3 of the ISP. Should I just assume I’m good to go?

Redmath

Post by Redmath »

I received my internship acceptance and on Friday I did get the extra internship support payment.

If you got the payment but not a letter (emailed to you) stating how long your internship is and that you are officially accepted, you should email SMART directly and ask.