Anyone had their summer internship approved?

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients

Anyone had their summer internship approved?

Postby Ky502 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:46 am

Has anyone received the email notification that their summer internship was approved?

I submitted mine a month ago, and I am now less than 8 weeks out from my start date. I will need to buy flights, book a rental car, and begin looking for housing in the area soon.

I emailed SMART to get an ETA and all they said was “You will receive a notification as soon as your internship request is processed. Thank you for your patience.”
Ky502
 

Re: Anyone had their summer internship approved?

Postby WhatIWouldDo » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:28 pm

Ky502 wrote:Has anyone received the email notification that their summer internship was approved?

I submitted mine a month ago, and I am now less than 8 weeks out from my start date. I will need to buy flights, book a rental car, and begin looking for housing in the area soon.

I emailed SMART to get an ETA and all they said was “You will receive a notification as soon as your internship request is processed. Thank you for your patience.”


If I were you, I would assume it will be approved and start booking these things from now. They will only get more expensive as it approaches, and it seems doubtful It will end up getting denied.
WhatIWouldDo
 

Re: Anyone had their summer internship approved?

Postby EngineerBeyond » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:50 am

Absolutely do not assume.
I was denied for 2 summers in a row.
Contact your point of contact and ask them specifically.
EngineerBeyond
 

Re: Anyone had their summer internship approved?

Postby Guest1749 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:52 pm

EngineerBeyond wrote:Absolutely do not assume.
I was denied for 2 summers in a row.
Contact your point of contact and ask them specifically.


Why would internships be denied? Is it always security clearance related?
Guest1749
 

Re: Anyone had their summer internship approved?

Postby _Guest » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:04 pm

I got my approval today.
_Guest
 

Re: Anyone had their summer internship approved?

Postby GuestAnon » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:57 am

I still have not received approval.
GuestAnon
 

Re: Anyone had their summer internship approved?

Postby peachparrot » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:31 pm

Where is the Recruitment Internship Request form? I've been working directly with my sponsoring facility about my internship. I just got an email from SMART saying I have 7 days to submit the form. However, the attached letter said someone else's name. I don't think I've submitted the form, but SMART seemed to just say 'oh, that's fine, our bad' and didn't tell me any other information.
peachparrot
 

Re: Anyone had their summer internship approved?

Postby LostinCyberspace » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:28 pm

peachparrot wrote:Where is the Recruitment Internship Request form? I've been working directly with my sponsoring facility about my internship. I just got an email from SMART saying I have 7 days to submit the form. However, the attached letter said someone else's name. I don't think I've submitted the form, but SMART seemed to just say 'oh, that's fine, our bad' and didn't tell me any other information.


It was emailed to me on February 1.
LostinCyberspace
 

Re: Anyone had their summer internship approved?

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:00 am

Mine was approved on Friday (Navy SF)
Guest
 

Re: Anyone had their summer internship approved?

Postby ky502 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:46 pm

I have emailed twice now, and they cannot tell me when I will be notified either way. I am supposed to fly out in less than 6 weeks.
ky502
 

Re: Anyone had their summer internship approved?

Postby anymouse » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:07 pm

This will not be the last time you experience this level of uncertainty while working with the DoD.
anymouse
 

Re: Anyone had their summer internship approved?

Postby LostinCyberspace » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:36 am

I've also emailed twice in the last two weeks. Neither have been answered :/
LostinCyberspace
 

Re: Anyone had their summer internship approved?

Postby GuestLady » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:41 am

SMART emailed me saying there was an issue with my paperwork (SF put my dates Sun-Sat not M-F) about two weeks ago. I had to email my SF and reconfirm the correct dates and resubmit things. They said it had to go through review and they would notify me when completed. Judging on this exchange it sounds like they are at least working on getting people approved.

(AF SF)
GuestLady
 

Re: Anyone had their summer internship approved?

Postby Guesty » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:31 pm

Just received approval via email today for my internship, which will be starting in 5 weeks.
Guesty
 

Re: Anyone had their summer internship approved?

Postby GuestAnon » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:30 pm

I just got my approval today!
GuestAnon
 

Re: Anyone had their summer internship approved?

Postby guaasst » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:42 pm

I got approved last month
guaasst
 

Re: Anyone had their summer internship approved?

Postby Guest29 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:22 am

Still haven’t gotten an approval.
Guest29
 

Re: Anyone had their summer internship approved?

Postby PianosAndViolas » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:38 pm

Guest29 wrote:Still haven’t gotten an approval.

Nope, me neither. Are you air force by chance?
PianosAndViolas
 

Re: Anyone had their summer internship approved?

Postby Guest29 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:29 pm

PianosAndViolas wrote:
Guest29 wrote:Still haven’t gotten an approval.

Nope, me neither. Are you air force by chance?


Yep!
Guest29
 

Re: Anyone had their summer internship approved?

Postby guest3 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:33 pm

Guest29 wrote:
PianosAndViolas wrote:
Guest29 wrote:Still haven’t gotten an approval.

Nope, me neither. Are you air force by chance?


Yep!


Air force here as well, scheduled to start in less than three weeks and still haven't gotten my internship approved. Any idea what happens if our start date passes and we have yet to be approved? Starting to get a bit nervous that it won't be approved at all, as I have never dealt with a delay like this in the past.
guest3
 

Re: Anyone had their summer internship approved?

Postby PianosAndViolas » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:50 pm

I got paid for an internship support stipend, but haven't been accepted yet. Has anyone else experienced this?
PianosAndViolas
 

Re: Anyone had their summer internship approved?

Postby Guest29 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:59 pm

Air force here as well, scheduled to start in less than three weeks and still haven't gotten my internship approved. Any idea what happens if our start date passes and we have yet to be approved? Starting to get a bit nervous that it won't be approved at all, as I have never dealt with a delay like this in the past.[/quote]

Pretty sure you just take summer classes. I registered for summer just in case and can drop them if it gets approved no penalty. In your case with a start date so soon, I’d reach out to your SF and SMART. My finals aren’t finished until May 17th so I have quite a few weeks.
Guest29
 

Re: Anyone had their summer internship approved?

Postby GuEsT0102 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:33 pm

PianosAndViolas wrote:I got paid for an internship support stipend, but haven't been accepted yet. Has anyone else experienced this?


Same here
GuEsT0102
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:01 pm

Re: Anyone had their summer internship approved?

Postby Guest29 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:59 pm

Just a few weeks from my start date and I STILL haven’t been approved. I’m supposed to be there for 10 weeks and I did receive an extra $3,333.33 this month in what I’m assuming is 1/3 of the ISP. Should I just assume I’m good to go?
Guest29
 

Re: Anyone had their summer internship approved?

Postby Redmath » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:56 am

I received my internship acceptance and on Friday I did get the extra internship support payment.

If you got the payment but not a letter (emailed to you) stating how long your internship is and that you are officially accepted, you should email SMART directly and ask.
Redmath
 


Return to Recipients

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Welcome. The Unofficial SMART Scholarship Forum is fully supported through this banner add. In the past, I have relied on this income to pay for all hosting and domain charges, but it has only covered half of my expenses in recent years. If this is the first time you are seeing a banner here, it is because an adblocker has prevented it from appearing (I don't blame you). If you have found this forum valuable, I would appreciate it if you consider supporting its upkeep.

Thank you for being a part of this community.

-Chris