Anyone had their summer internship approved?

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients

Anyone had their summer internship approved?

Postby Ky502 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:46 am

Has anyone received the email notification that their summer internship was approved?

I submitted mine a month ago, and I am now less than 8 weeks out from my start date. I will need to buy flights, book a rental car, and begin looking for housing in the area soon.

I emailed SMART to get an ETA and all they said was “You will receive a notification as soon as your internship request is processed. Thank you for your patience.”
Ky502

Re: Anyone had their summer internship approved?

Postby WhatIWouldDo » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:28 pm

Ky502 wrote:Has anyone received the email notification that their summer internship was approved?

I submitted mine a month ago, and I am now less than 8 weeks out from my start date. I will need to buy flights, book a rental car, and begin looking for housing in the area soon.

I emailed SMART to get an ETA and all they said was “You will receive a notification as soon as your internship request is processed. Thank you for your patience.”

If I were you, I would assume it will be approved and start booking these things from now. They will only get more expensive as it approaches, and it seems doubtful It will end up getting denied.
WhatIWouldDo

Postby EngineerBeyond » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:50 am

Absolutely do not assume.
I was denied for 2 summers in a row.
Contact your point of contact and ask them specifically.
EngineerBeyond

Postby Guest1749 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:52 pm

EngineerBeyond wrote:Absolutely do not assume.
I was denied for 2 summers in a row.
Contact your point of contact and ask them specifically.

Why would internships be denied? Is it always security clearance related?
Guest1749

Return to Recipients