Any Retention Candidates that withdrew from program?

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients

Any Retention Candidates that withdrew from program?

Postby RC with Questions » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:21 pm

I'm wondering if anyone is or knows of a retention candidate that had to withdraw from SMART. What type of funds were you required to pay back? The handbook is very clear for recruitment candidates but its more of a gray area regarding retention candidates.

For example: If you are salaried by the SF in a full time role as a GS-9 and SMART contributes to your tuition, would you still owe back the stipend/allowances? I assume tuition is a given but i'm curious about the other line items.

Thanks.
RC with Questions

Re: Any Retention Candidates that withdrew from program?

Postby Prorated » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:11 pm

Feel like I read in the SMART handbook that it's prorated based on the time you worked/time you owe; e.g. if you work for 3/4 of your time owed, you only owe 1/4 of the money. I'd double check though.
Prorated

Return to Recipients