Internship Support Payments

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
bennyandboo

Internship Support Payments

Post by bennyandboo »

Hey guys! I'm a new scholar and will be doing an internship for this summer 2019. So I live 50 miles + outside from my SF and am wondering about Internship Support Payments. How are they paid? Also what is usually the amount they pay?

Also, for past scholars, what's the best way to find housing? Thanks!

Smertguy

Re: Internship Support Payments

Post by Smertguy »

I'm sorry I have no answers to these questions, but just wondering if you already received an offer from this recent application cycle for SMART Scholarship that ended December 1 2018? Or is this internship from a previous year?

Bennyandboo

Post by Bennyandboo »

Smertguy wrote:I'm sorry I have no answers to these questions, but just wondering if you already received an offer from this recent application cycle for SMART Scholarship that ended December 1 2018? Or is this internship from a previous year?
Previous year. For those of you who have applied this year you will not know whether or not you will be offered the award till around late April/early May, and then your first internship (if you have a multi year award) won’t be until summer 2020.

abm guy

Post by abm guy »

So they split the payments up over 3 months. For example my internship was 10 weeks, which is $10,000. One month before the start of the internship I received 2083 + 10,000/3. The gives you extra money to get to your location.

bennyandboo

Post by bennyandboo »

abm guy wrote:So they split the payments up over 3 months. For example my internship was 10 weeks, which is $10,000. One month before the start of the internship I received 2083 + 10,000/3. The gives you extra money to get to your location.
Thank you!

extra

Post by extra »

we get an extra 2k to help moving expenses for internship? I don't remember this in the contract I read... was this taken away after LMI took over? That moving bonus would be super helpful!

intern

Post by intern »

extra wrote:we get an extra 2k to help moving expenses for internship? I don't remember this in the contract I read... was this taken away after LMI took over? That moving bonus would be super helpful!
You don't get an additional 2,000 to move, but you continue to receive your normal stipend every month and the additional internship payment, which is split into three payments.