pass/fail courses

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients

pass/fail courses

Postby passfailcourses » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:34 am

hey guys- I am considering switching one of my grading options for my masters to pass/fail. it is totally an option with my school (I can have at most 1/3 of my courses be pass/fail option)... does anyone know how SMART feels about this? Thanks!
passfailcourses

Re: pass/fail courses

Postby DoNot » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:50 pm

passfailcourses wrote:hey guys- I am considering switching one of my grading options for my masters to pass/fail. it is totally an option with my school (I can have at most 1/3 of my courses be pass/fail option)... does anyone know how SMART feels about this? Thanks!

When a class is offered with letter grading you are not allowed to take it as a pass/fail. Doing so could result in you losing your award. From the handbook:

"9.6. Failure to Earn Course Credit
All coursework that is offered for a grade must be taken for a grade. If the SSPP takes coursework on a pass/fail basis when the course is offered for a grade, the SSPP may be placed in an auditable status of non-compliance and/or dismissed from the SSP." (p. 16)
DoNot

Return to Recipients