Huntsville Internship Summer 2019

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
GuEsT0102

Huntsville Internship Summer 2019

Post by GuEsT0102 »

Anyone else doing an internship in Huntsville Alabama summer 2019? I am looking into housing for the summer and I came across some good deals on Airbnb and Homeaway if anyone wants to room together and save some dough. I realize it's a little early but it never hurts to be prepared.

turd_burglar

Re: Huntsville Internship Summer 2019

Post by turd_burglar »

Assuming you'll be working on the Arsenal, check out these two rentals on VRBO:

https://www.vrbo.com/results?swLat=34.6 ... 6421eb9884

I stayed in both of them (two consecutive summers) and they're ok. Note that they do not really sleep 4, unless two couples are staying there. The key thing is, it's very close to the Martin Rd. gate, for which morning traffic is not bad at all (at least, a few years ago).

GuEsT0102

Post by GuEsT0102 »

That’s actually the ones I was looking at. Finding one other roommate would make that rental super cheap

benhjake

Post by benhjake »

Hi GuEsT0102, is your SF the Missile and Space Intelligence Center? If so, I'm the other awardee that's going there for the 2019 internship. I've heard there's only two of us for this award year, so I'd be happy to talk about being potential roommates. I was looking at airBnB as well, so the places that got linked aren't too far from what I was planning on going for anyway. It would be coolif we could work something out. Send me a DM!

guest103810

Post by guest103810 »

I am currently going to grad school at UAH and have an apartment with an extra room if you still a place. I also will be a Summer 2019 Huntsville Intern. Let me know if you're interested!

GuEsT0102

Post by GuEsT0102 »

guest103810 wrote:I am currently going to grad school at UAH and have an apartment with an extra room if you still a place. I also will be a Summer 2019 Huntsville Intern. Let me know if you're interested!
Would you have space for two? benhjake and I have already kind of decided to find a place together so I wouldn't want anyone to be left hanging.

guest103810

Post by guest103810 »

GuEsT0102 wrote:
guest103810 wrote:I am currently going to grad school at UAH and have an apartment with an extra room if you still a place. I also will be a Summer 2019 Huntsville Intern. Let me know if you're interested!
Would you have space for two? benhjake and I have already kind of decided to find a place together so I wouldn't want anyone to be left hanging.
Ah, I dont have room for two but if something doesn't work out or if you know somebody let me know!

GuEsT0102

Post by GuEsT0102 »

guest103810 wrote:
GuEsT0102 wrote:
Ah, I dont have room for two but if something doesn't work out or if you know somebody let me know!

Sounds good. Thanks for the offer!