Multiple Site Visits

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
JeffJeff

Multiple Site Visits

Post by JeffJeff »

Was anyone offered a site visit at multiple facilities? I was offered a site visit and official spot with an Army lab. However, there is an Air Force base that has contacted me multiple times since awards came out basically telling me that they are upset that they did not get me as I was at the top of their list. Do you think there is any way SMART would let me do a site visit for them too and ultimately choose? Has anyone been in a similar position?

Guest123456

Re: Multiple Site Visits

Post by Guest123456 »

JeffJeff wrote:Was anyone offered a site visit at multiple facilities? I was offered a site visit and official spot with an Army lab. However, there is an Air Force base that has contacted me multiple times since awards came out basically telling me that they are upset that they did not get me as I was at the top of their list. Do you think there is any way SMART would let me do a site visit for them too and ultimately choose? Has anyone been in a similar position?
Odds are no. The SF you got paired with on the paperwork is typically the final decision and SMART usually won't support any changes. When I was originally offered SMART, I had 3 SF's put me on their list. Only the one on the agreement is allowed to be visited on SMART money. Feel free to ask SMART directly about your situation but I doubt they'll support you doing another SF visit let alone a change of SF. The reason the Army probably got you is because they only put in one name and the Air Force SF put in multiple names (similar happened to me).