ID cards

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
kbl2017

ID cards

Post by kbl2017 »

Do we keep our military IDs between summer and starting full time the following year or do we have to return them?

Guest1234

Re: ID cards

Post by Guest1234 »

kbl2017 wrote:Do we keep our military IDs between summer and starting full time the following year or do we have to return them?
You for sure have to return them. You aren't considered a gov employee nor a contractor between the internships and full time employment. You'll have to be in-processed again and get a new CAC.

guest33333

Post by guest33333 »

Guest1234 wrote:
kbl2017 wrote:Do we keep our military IDs between summer and starting full time the following year or do we have to return them?
You for sure have to return them. You aren't considered a gov employee nor a contractor between the internships and full time employment. You'll have to be in-processed again and get a new CAC.
Actually, I was told I could keep mine. It doesn't expire until 2020. It will depend on your facility.

AnotherGuest

Post by AnotherGuest »

guest33333 wrote:
Guest1234 wrote:
Actually, I was told I could keep mine. It doesn't expire until 2020. It will depend on your facility.
That's strange. Your facility shouldn't have done that because you aren't a gov employee nor a contractor by any means when you are between working at the SF. Technically you are in improper possession of the CAC (it also serves you no good and now you just have to make sure to not misplace it... Your SF should have held onto it). But your SF let you have it so it's their problem now.