Discord Server for better coordination for those in default

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
Sisyphus

Discord Server for better coordination for those in default

Post by Sisyphus »

As the rather messy thread about the SMART payback letter can attest, it's clear the debt reclamation process has begun and with essentially no delay for any of us to prepare for it (especially those of us who have been put in default recently at the hands of LMI).

As a result I think it's essential for all of us who are trying in any way shape or form to renegotiate or challenge our repayment to be able to share information in more detail than what an anonymous and public forum allows.

To that end I've set up a Discord server for us to share what we learn and discuss matters/details that we are not comfortable posting in a venue where just anyone can see and have that information equally available to everyone on the server. Hopefully this will help better prepare us for what's to come.

For those of you who are unfamiliar Discord is a free, pseudonymous voice/text/image chat client. You can use it in browser by simply following the link I'll provide or downloading the desktop/mobile client; you will need to set up an account but as mentioned it can be as pseudonymous as you make it.

For the time being I'm going to ask that you PM me on this forum for a link to the discord just to keep anyone and everyone from being able to join (the views on the SMART payback thread speak for themself...). However if too many people in default who are interested don't want to/aren't registered here to PM me let me know in this thread and if needed I'll post a permanent link and we can just deal with pruning membership if circumstances dictate.

Guest1010

Re: Discord Server for better coordination for those in defa

Post by Guest1010 »

A link would be great.
Even though the server would be semi-private, I advise everyone not to reveal any personally identifying information.
Thanks for setting this up.

Sisyphus

Post by Sisyphus »

Yeah considering how low the % of posts from registered users are seems to be using PM's seems futile.

https://discord.gg/MEhgRRC

Is the current permanent link. If access issues arise getting in let me know in this thread.

TheyTookMyCredit

Post by TheyTookMyCredit »

Bumping for resource visibility since more people are only now realizing SMART is going after them.

Sisyphus

Post by Sisyphus »

Because more people still trickle in every day or two...keeping this visible...