SMART has not paid tuition

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
Guest00

SMART has not paid tuition

Post by Guest00 »

Dear student,

The Office of Financial Aid is reaching out to notify you regarding your Third Party Contract.
Your Third Party Contract has not made payment towards your student bill; therefore, we will be reversing your balance back to your student account as of May 4, 2018.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,
Office of Financial Aid

Anyone have a similar situation in the past, and if so, did SMART eventually pay?

kbl2017

Re: SMART has not paid tuition

Post by kbl2017 »

Guest00 wrote:Dear student,

The Office of Financial Aid is reaching out to notify you regarding your Third Party Contract.
Your Third Party Contract has not made payment towards your student bill; therefore, we will be reversing your balance back to your student account as of May 4, 2018.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,
Office of Financial Aid

Anyone have a similar situation in the past, and if so, did SMART eventually pay?
Did you send them the updated payment info LMI gave us in January??

Guest00

Post by Guest00 »

Yes

kbl2017

Post by kbl2017 »

Guest00 wrote:Yes
That's really weird!! I would call LMI. Check that form too see if there was a number given for the school to call?

WhatIWouldDo

Post by WhatIWouldDo »

I have never had this happen. What I would do is email your school to confirm they invoiced LMI using the new billing information (It's possible even if you gave them the updated information, someone made a mistake and used the old address). I would also email LMI, telling them you received this letter and asking them to confirm if they received an invoice.

Post by Guest »

In case you're worrying...while you need to address this, it's also not a big deal. Third parties are always late with payments and it is something schools are very used to. Just make sure you contact the school, and there shouldn't be any problems with fines or your student status.

Even under ASEE payments could be late by a couple months, but it sounds like there might just be a billing problem here.