EWP

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
guesto

EWP

Post by guesto »

hey guys- for my masters, a lot of my credits are independent study credits, especially in later semesters. does anyone know if SMART has a problem with this? like I would be taking 8 credits of the same thing in my last semester. that is good by the school policy but I was wondering if smart ever has flagged something like this for anyone?

EliosHarg

Re: EWP

Post by EliosHarg »

It seems like it would have to be. As a PhD student, my entire last 3 years will each be 12 unit individual study or dissertation research units.

kbl2017

Post by kbl2017 »

From what I can tell, as long as you are full time and getting above a 3.0 they don't seem to question anything else.

littlehope

Post by littlehope »

I took the same course "Research Elect & Computer Eng MS Thesis" (aka not a class but dedicating time to my research) multiple times as well as put it in my EWP last year and I have had no problems. As long as your credit hours make you full time according to your school, you are in the clear. They realize people in graduate school don't only take actual classes, but do research or independent study too.