Part time last semester

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients

Part time last semester

Postby Guestguest » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:13 pm

Hi all,
I've reviewed my degree plan and it looks like my final semester I'll only need 8or 9 credits of classes, when full time is 12.
Would the program be ok with that, only being one semester?
Guestguest

Re: Part time last semester

Postby EliosHarg » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:32 pm

Having just viewed the orientation, it states that you have to be full-time even if in your last semester and only needing less than the full-time status minimum credits. So, I think you will still have to take some extra classes to fill your minimum.
EliosHarg

Postby kbl2017 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:54 pm

While technically you'd only go on probation if this was a one time thing I would not suggest risking it the very last semester of your degree. It's too much of a risk that they say no you're out and make you pay back all the scholarship money.
kbl2017

Postby Guestguest » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:17 am

So would they be ok with paying for an extra class not on the degree plan just to make it full time?
Guestguest

Postby EliosHarg » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:15 pm

Yes. However, I would contact SMART and let them know the situation and, perhaps, your SF to get a recommendation for a good elective(s) to take that could be useful.
EliosHarg

Postby guest345453 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:26 pm

You can loop SMART in if you want, or you could just take a fun 3 hour class of your choosing. I wouldn't feel any obligation.
guest345453

Return to Recipients