Internship Request Form

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
Iwanttointern

Internship Request Form

Post by Iwanttointern »

Anyone get theirs back? I need to start finding a place to rent but no one will accept my application without my appointment form.

intern

Re: Internship Request Form

Post by intern »

I have not gotten mine back either. But, I ended up getting an AirBnB for the internship. It was a lot cheaper than some of the other options, and you do not need any paperwork.

kbl2017

Post by kbl2017 »

For 8-12 weeks you'll probably always do better with an Airbnb unless you happen to be in a college town where there are a bunch of subleases. Also keep in mind with apartments you're going to have to furnish them if you rent them like a normal rental which can get expensive!

I would suggest emailing your SMART POC though and ask them if they have an estimated time of return as you're looking at rentals.

CSMajor

Post by CSMajor »

How are you guys looking for AirBnb? Are you looking for monthly rentals or are you looking for something you can rent week to week?

airbnb

Post by airbnb »

If you use Airbnb, you can do a long term stay. If you add the time frame you want an Airbnb, it will show places that available for longer term. I'm staying for 8 weeks in mine. The nice thing is, longer stays usually have some sort of discounted rate. I think mine was 10-15% cheaper than what was listed. But, you have to pay around half the price upfront.

So if you can't do the upfront cost, maybe week by week is better. But, if you want peace of mind you can do the whole thing at once.