Anyone entered repayment?

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
malarious

Anyone entered repayment?

Post by malarious »

Somehow my interim clearance was denied, which concerns me. So I am wondering of they set up a payment plan, convert to loans or how they handle repayment.

guest 110

Re: Anyone entered repayment?

Post by guest 110 »

As far as I was told by SMART, all clearance denial means is that you will take summer school over the summer and be cleared for next summer.
You're not out of the program.

malarious

Post by malarious »

Yeah, I have to sign up for classes. However, this was the interim clearance, if the main clearance is rejected for whatever reason (wondering if my references failed or something), repayment terms become important.

guest37

Post by guest37 »

I'm in the same boat, probably going to be denied.
Did you find out via email?

Post by Guest »

malarious wrote:Yeah, I have to sign up for classes. However, this was the interim clearance, if the main clearance is rejected for whatever reason (wondering if my references failed or something), repayment terms become important.
I wouldn't panic yet. Its not uncommon for interim clearances is be denied and the full clearance granted. Just means a red flag can up in the investigation and when you meet with the investigator for you interview, you will have to mitigate the concern. If i remember correct from a previous post you made you during a study abroad in Japan. I would think this is might be why your interim was denied, but this is just speculation

Interim

Post by Interim »

Guest wrote:
malarious wrote:Yeah, I have to sign up for classes. However, this was the interim clearance, if the main clearance is rejected for whatever reason (wondering if my references failed or something), repayment terms become important.
I wouldn't panic yet. Its not uncommon for interim clearances is be denied and the full clearance granted. Just means a red flag can up in the investigation and when you meet with the investigator for you interview, you will have to mitigate the concern. If i remember correct from a previous post you made you during a study abroad in Japan. I would think this is might be why your interim was denied, but this is just speculation
Also understand that interims are very subjective and 60% of them are denied. Only 1% of actually clearances are denied.

ky502

Post by ky502 »

I was denied my interim due to confusion on the base between the SF and SMART since this is the first year the SF has to issue to clearance. I assume this issue will happen to a lot of people. You should contact your SF to see if that was possibly the issue.