Anyone withdrawing from the program?

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
Anon2018

Anyone withdrawing from the program?

Post by Anon2018 »

Is any one who is currently in phase 1 withdrawing from the program?

jayjohnson

Re: Anyone withdrawing from the program?

Post by jayjohnson »

I am currently considering depending on potential job offers. I'm willing to pay back what I owe but from what I've read on here they have yet to collect on the scholars who didn't fulfill their commitments. Either way, Its really dependent on potential job offers and weighing out what's the best decision for my career even if that means breaking a commitment.

Cs_guest

Post by Cs_guest »

I’m considering so because of job offers. If anyone leaves let me know how it goes!

DontLeave

Post by DontLeave »

Don't leave -- You don't want to have to pay back hundreds of thousands of dollars. That's just unreal on top of a car, mortgage, kids, etc.

It's not worth it to leave. Just put in your time and enjoy making an impact on national security.

ky502

Post by ky502 »

I would not count on them not recollecting. We just had a new company take over, and they have been a lot stricter in my experience. Not to mention, you don't want them to knock on your down ten years from now and want it all back.

The jobs we have here are great experience. After your commitment is up, you can move to other government jobs a lot easier. There are a lot of positions only available to current government employees. Plus, you will only get more valuable to places other employers outside of the government.