Internship support payments eligibility

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
Guest011

Internship support payments eligibility

Post by Guest011 »

I got an email saying they were checking my eligibility for internship support payments.
Does anyone know what the requirements are to receive internship support payments?

kbl2017

Re: Internship support payments eligibility

Post by kbl2017 »

Is your school more than 50 miles from your SF? If so you'll receive some sort of support! Basically it's to cover if you have to relocate/pay two rents or pay a lot for transportation in the summer.

Gues11

Post by Gues11 »

Yeah I'm 175 miles away.
So I would assume full internship support payment because I'd need to live there?

kbl2017

Post by kbl2017 »

Gues11 wrote:Yeah I'm 175 miles away.
So I would assume full internship support payment because I'd need to live there?
I would assume so - but I know people had weird things happen with the visit travel stipend!

malarious

Post by malarious »

I live in Japan until near my internship. The physical school is close enough, but my only physical address is in Japan. wonder how that will work.

kbl2017

Post by kbl2017 »

malarious wrote:I live in Japan until near my internship. The physical school is close enough, but my only physical address is in Japan. wonder how that will work.
Technically you're study abroad in japan though right? so wouldn't they have to consider that your current academic address? If not then that's probably gonna be a no stipend...they're not very forgiving