Living Situation and Internship Support Payments

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients

Living Situation and Internship Support Payments

Postby malarious » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:56 pm

Hi all!

As I have posted before, I am living in Japan for study abroad till around May. I do not know where I will live when I get back right now, might land at mother's house and then move from there. What I am wondering is how they handle Internship Support Payments when you do not have a clear address? Do I tell them my address is Japan, or parents house, or tell them it is unclear and update it when I get a proper living location?

Thanks!
malarious
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:54 am

Re: Living Situation and Internship Support Payments

Postby CSMajor » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:41 pm

Have You even gotten your clearance back? I wouldn’t worry about the internship until you get that. My investigation is going on month 6 and I’m starting to doubt I’ll have it back in time.
CSMajor
 

Re: Living Situation and Internship Support Payments

Postby kbl2017 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:25 pm

CSMajor wrote:Have You even gotten your clearance back? I wouldn’t worry about the internship until you get that. My investigation is going on month 6 and I’m starting to doubt I’ll have it back in time.


You'll only need interim clearance for the internship.

@Malarious I'm planning to put my parents address. My guess is the paperwork will have very specific wording though. It'll probably be "Home address" "Current Address" or "School address"
kbl2017
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 10:48 pm

Re: Living Situation and Internship Support Payments

Postby MaybeHelpful » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:19 am

kbl2017 wrote:@Malarious I'm planning to put my parents address. My guess is the paperwork will have very specific wording though. It'll probably be "Home address" "Current Address" or "School address"


In the past it would say Academic Address or Permanent Address on most forms. If you don't have a clear permanent address I would use whatever is on your driver's license, as in the eyes of the government that is your legal permanent address.
MaybeHelpful
 

Re: Living Situation and Internship Support Payments

Postby kbl2017 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:53 am

MaybeHelpful wrote:
kbl2017 wrote:@Malarious I'm planning to put my parents address. My guess is the paperwork will have very specific wording though. It'll probably be "Home address" "Current Address" or "School address"


In the past it would say Academic Address or Permanent Address on most forms. If you don't have a clear permanent address I would use whatever is on your driver's license, as in the eyes of the government that is your legal permanent address.


What Maybe helpful said! Home Address/parents address meaning permanent. I imagine school address has to be the address of your actual school not your study abroad school. Is one of your addresses within the 50 miles? Is that why you asked?
kbl2017
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 10:48 pm

Re: Living Situation and Internship Support Payments

Postby malarious » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:52 pm

Thanks for the answers.

My school is within 50 miles. My expected address when I return isn't, but that isn't set in stone itself as of yet.

EDIT: No response yet on the clearance, but I assumed interim clearance in the meantime.
malarious
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:54 am


Return to Recipients

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Welcome. The Unofficial SMART Scholarship Forum is fully supported through this banner add. In the past, I have relied on this income to pay for all hosting and domain charges, but it has only covered half of my expenses in recent years. If this is the first time you are seeing a banner here, it is because an adblocker has prevented it from appearing (I don't blame you). If you have found this forum valuable, I would appreciate it if you consider supporting its upkeep.

Thank you for being a part of this community.

-Chris