Degree Plan Changes

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
HOrobOD

Degree Plan Changes

Post by HOrobOD »

I was awarded for the last 2 years of my undergrad, but have recently decided to go for my school's accelerated Master's program. The way their program works is you finish you Master's over the summer and fall session after graduating from your undergrad.

If I can get another award to finish grad school, will I still have to work the internship over the summer even if I have class, or do they only sponsor fall/spring semesters?

kbl2017

Re: Degree Plan Changes

Post by kbl2017 »

HOrobOD wrote:I was awarded for the last 2 years of my undergrad, but have recently decided to go for my school's accelerated Master's program. The way their program works is you finish you Master's over the summer and fall session after graduating from your undergrad.

If I can get another award to finish grad school, will I still have to work the internship over the summer even if I have class, or do they only sponsor fall/spring semesters?
I would first email your SF and see if they'd be willing to sponsor you for your accelerated Masters/extend your contract a year. Basically at my SF they said that they'd support us but wanted to hear it from us first not SMART. Then do all the award extension or reapply thing.

In the case of it being summer and fall to finish the degree completely I'm guessing you can request funding to cover a summer semester and a fall semester as a year rather than a fall/spring. It'll probably just require more paperwork. There's something in the paperwork about summer semesters if mandatory would be covered - just like if you had trimesters or the like.