Out of country travel

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients

Out of country travel

Postby kbl2017 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:22 pm

Can people clarify this a little bit for me.

Currently I have no clearance/am not in procsss do I need to do anything before leaving the country?

During the clearance process do I need to do anything?/can I leave the country?

After getting clearance we have to fill out a form and submit it to who? How soon before traveling do we do that?
kbl2017

Re: Out of country travel

Postby littlehope » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:47 pm

You can refer to section 6.14 in the handbook:

Foreign travel is any travel outside the United States, its Territories or Possessions. Foreign travel may affect eligibility to obtain and maintain a security clearance. Recruitment SSPPs submit the Foreign Travel Notification to the SSP 60 days before traveling to a foreign country. Retention SSPPs follow their foreign travel procedures set forth by the SF.

I also am traveling this winter. I have already purchased my tickets so I was able to fill out the form about foreign travel for SMART from the awards page. Whether you are currently in the process for a security clearance or not you still have to inform SMART of your international travels. After submitting my travel form to smartparticipant at asee dot org they sent me a verification email so that I know they got it. It's not for seeking their approval just letting them know of your whereabouts.
littlehope

Re: Out of country travel

Postby kbl2017 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:15 pm

littlehope wrote:You can refer to section 6.14 in the handbook:

Foreign travel is any travel outside the United States, its Territories or Possessions. Foreign travel may affect eligibility to obtain and maintain a security clearance. Recruitment SSPPs submit the Foreign Travel Notification to the SSP 60 days before traveling to a foreign country. Retention SSPPs follow their foreign travel procedures set forth by the SF.

I also am traveling this winter. I have already purchased my tickets so I was able to fill out the form about foreign travel for SMART from the awards page. Whether you are currently in the process for a security clearance or not you still have to inform SMART of your international travels. After submitting my travel form to smartparticipant at asee dot org they sent me a verification email so that I know they got it. It's not for seeking their approval just letting them know of your whereabouts.

Cool! Thanks.
kbl2017

Return to Recipients