IASP?

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients

IASP?

Postby Gandalf » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:50 am

Well I have accepted SMART obviously, but was recently contacted about the IASP scholarship that is basically the same as SMART but focuses more on cyber and the stipend is $2500 less per year. The location and career path of the IASP facility I was chosen by is favorable over my SF for SMART, so my question is, how would the DoD feel about an internal transition since both are programs in the DoD? Anybody have any experience with something like this?
Gandalf

Re: IASP?

Postby malarious » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:38 pm

Disclaimer: I am not speaking from first hand experience.

You signed a contract to work for a specific lab, according to SMART's purview. SMART will not agree to let you leave the program without consent of the DoD itself. SMART is the DoD, but is a separate program, so they do not talk to IASP. Hope that helps.
malarious

Re: IASP?

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:32 pm

Gandalf wrote:Well I have accepted SMART obviously, but was recently contacted about the IASP scholarship that is basically the same as SMART but focuses more on cyber and the stipend is $2500 less per year. The location and career path of the IASP facility I was chosen by is favorable over my SF for SMART, so my question is, how would the DoD feel about an internal transition since both are programs in the DoD? Anybody have any experience with something like this?

You can always break the contract and pay back the money

Return to Recipients