Refunds?

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
Finances

Refunds?

Post by Finances »

My school is stating that I'm expecting a refund this year. They are billing SMART for the full tuition amount, but I also have a lot of scholarships that have been applied to my account already. The sponsor letter specifically states that we cannot be refunded SMART's money, so what do I do if I receive my refund as expected, but they refund SMART funds instead of scholarship funds?

Re: Refunds?

Post by Guest »

Finances wrote:My school is stating that I'm expecting a refund this year. They are billing SMART for the full tuition amount, but I also have a lot of scholarships that have been applied to my account already. The sponsor letter specifically states that we cannot be refunded SMART's money, so what do I do if I receive my refund as expected, but they refund SMART funds instead of scholarship funds?
How can you tell the difference?

Re: Refunds?

Post by 43534 »

Guest wrote:
Finances wrote:My school is stating that I'm expecting a refund this year. They are billing SMART for the full tuition amount, but I also have a lot of scholarships that have been applied to my account already. The sponsor letter specifically states that we cannot be refunded SMART's money, so what do I do if I receive my refund as expected, but they refund SMART funds instead of scholarship funds?
just tell your school to apply SMART funds to your FULL tuition. I would suggest having a face to face meeting with the person in charge of student accounts or third party billing... thats what I did in order to receive the refunds from other scholarships