Refunds?

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients

Refunds?

Postby Finances » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:03 pm

My school is stating that I'm expecting a refund this year. They are billing SMART for the full tuition amount, but I also have a lot of scholarships that have been applied to my account already. The sponsor letter specifically states that we cannot be refunded SMART's money, so what do I do if I receive my refund as expected, but they refund SMART funds instead of scholarship funds?
Finances

Re: Refunds?

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:16 pm

Finances wrote:My school is stating that I'm expecting a refund this year. They are billing SMART for the full tuition amount, but I also have a lot of scholarships that have been applied to my account already. The sponsor letter specifically states that we cannot be refunded SMART's money, so what do I do if I receive my refund as expected, but they refund SMART funds instead of scholarship funds?

How can you tell the difference?

Re: Refunds?

Postby 43534 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:53 pm

Guest wrote:
Finances wrote:My school is stating that I'm expecting a refund this year. They are billing SMART for the full tuition amount, but I also have a lot of scholarships that have been applied to my account already. The sponsor letter specifically states that we cannot be refunded SMART's money, so what do I do if I receive my refund as expected, but they refund SMART funds instead of scholarship funds?

just tell your school to apply SMART funds to your FULL tuition. I would suggest having a face to face meeting with the person in charge of student accounts or third party billing... thats what I did in order to receive the refunds from other scholarships

Return to Recipients