submit receipts for text books for $1000

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
textbooks

submit receipts for text books for $1000

Post by textbooks »

I know we are supposed to get $1000 for textbooks each semester, can I start buying them now and keep the receipts, or do we automatically get the 1000$ once August 1st rolls around, and then we can buy textbooks with that.

kbl2017

Re: submit receipts for text books for $1000

Post by kbl2017 »

textbooks wrote:I know we are supposed to get $1000 for textbooks each semester, can I start buying them now and keep the receipts, or do we automatically get the 1000$ once August 1st rolls around, and then we can buy textbooks with that.
As discussed in a few other posts, the supplies and health insurance payment is just added to your first stipend payment. You don't have to prove anything to get it and it doesn't even have to be used for textbooks if you don't need them.

littlehope

Re: submit receipts for text books for $1000

Post by littlehope »

Another thing to keep in mind is that when looking at the history of stipend payments, they are received the third Friday of every month so you probably won't receive the money till right before or after the school year starts rather than August 1st. So if I were you I wouldn't wait to receive the stipend before buying your textbooks if you can otherwise you won't have them for the first week or so of classes.