Site Visit Request

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
Nervous

Site Visit Request

Post by Nervous »

Hello all,

My site visit is tomorrow, and I am a bit nervous because I don't know what exactly to expect. Can those who've already had their visits share their experiences and possibly give me any pointers?

Thank you!

Re: Site Visit Request

Post by Guest »

Nervous wrote:Hello all,

My site visit is tomorrow, and I am a bit nervous because I don't know what exactly to expect. Can those who've already had their visits share their experiences and possibly give me any pointers?

Thank you!
Just got back from mine, I'd say my best advice is look as professional as you can and act the same way. Try to take in all you can and ask a Ton of questions. You'll have more later but I felt the visit was worth it and overall just try to have fun

Nervous

Post by Nervous »

Thank you! Also, kinda dumb but I gotta ask, did you pack a lunch, or did they allow you to go off site? Could you bring a bag inside?

Post by Guest »

Nervous wrote:Thank you! Also, kinda dumb but I gotta ask, did you pack a lunch, or did they allow you to go off site? Could you bring a bag inside?
I had to fly in so my resources were a bit limited but they gave me about an hr for lunch. Most installations have food so you should be fine

kbl2017

Post by kbl2017 »

Nervous wrote:Thank you! Also, kinda dumb but I gotta ask, did you pack a lunch, or did they allow you to go off site? Could you bring a bag inside?

We were also given time for lunch - we actually ate together at the cafeteria on site. I would imagine you will be directed there during a break!

Nervous

Post by Nervous »

Thank you again! I'm feeling very reassured now :) Did any of you bring pen and paper for the visit?

kbl2017

Post by kbl2017 »

Nervous wrote:Thank you again! I'm feeling very reassured now :) Did any of you bring pen and paper for the visit?
I missed this, so for anyone who hasn't had their visit yes!! I highly suggest it!!!