Secret Clearance Process

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
1Guest

Secret Clearance Process

Post by 1Guest »

Anyone have any idea when the secret Clearance Process begins?

DifferentGuest

Re: Secret Clearance Process

Post by DifferentGuest »

1Guest wrote:Anyone have any idea when the secret Clearance Process begins?
In 2015, they sent us the link to fill out our eQIP (the application for federal background checks) and information about submitting fingerprints in the last week of August.

guest12

Post by guest12 »

If they don't send you anthing by October, you should contact SMART. They somehow forgot about me, and I had to contact them to start the process

UNM_EE

Post by UNM_EE »

I was told by the SMART liaison at my SF that the clearance process is handled by the SFs now, and not the SMART program. She indicated that this was a recent change to the program.

just wondering

Post by just wondering »

UNM_EE wrote:I was told by the SMART liaison at my SF that the clearance process is handled by the SFs now, and not the SMART program. She indicated that this was a recent change to the program.

Do you know if they will do the interview/clearance during the Site Visit? Drug test then?

Nopee

Post by Nopee »

just wondering wrote:
UNM_EE wrote:I was told by the SMART liaison at my SF that the clearance process is handled by the SFs now, and not the SMART program. She indicated that this was a recent change to the program.

Do you know if they will do the interview/clearance during the Site Visit? Drug test then?
No, they won't do any of that during your site visit. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you're just getting a Secret clearance then you won't have to do an interview or drug test -- just a questionnaire and intensive background checks.

just wondering

Post by just wondering »

Nopee wrote:
just wondering wrote:

No, they won't do any of that during your site visit. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you're just getting a Secret clearance then you won't have to do an interview or drug test -- just a questionnaire and intensive background checks.
Thank you! not worried about passing the test, just didn't know if I needed to bring prescriptions showing the medicine that may show up during the test.