What if the SF rejects you after the site visit?

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
friendo

What if the SF rejects you after the site visit?

Post by friendo »

Hello,

What happens if you commit to the SF, but the SF determines that you aren't a good fit for the site? Do you just get kicked out of the program?

Thanks.

Guesttt3

Re: What if the SF rejects you after the site visit?

Post by Guesttt3 »

Can the SF do that? Did this happen to you? I'll add that to my list of things to be anxious about during my visit next week.

Post by Guest »

Guesttt3 wrote:Can the SF do that? Did this happen to you? I'll add that to my list of things to be anxious about during my visit next week.
I'm pretty sure they're stuck with you unless you do something stupid

CSMajor

Post by CSMajor »

This is impossible. They cant reject you now. The site visit isn't about kissing butt, its about getting all of the relevant info on your facility and to ask any questions you may have. With that said though, make sure you're the best you can be during the visit so they can be reaffirmed of what they chose you.

friendo

Post by friendo »

I had my site visit and it went very well. However, the person leading the program at the SF told us that they scheduled the site visit as soon as possible because they wanted to have as much time as possible to evaluate us in the same way we were evaluating them. The other SMART awardee and I both took this to mean that they were still considering rejecting us. Now, the site visit went well so I wasn't sure where all of it was coming from but it still made me a bit anxious.

kbl2017

Post by kbl2017 »

friendo wrote:I had my site visit and it went very well. However, the person leading the program at the SF told us that they scheduled the site visit as soon as possible because they wanted to have as much time as possible to evaluate us in the same way we were evaluating them. The other SMART awardee and I both took this to mean that they were still considering rejecting us. Now, the site visit went well so I wasn't sure where all of it was coming from but it still made me a bit anxious.
I think they are evaluating you in more of a where can we place this person when they intern/graduate? Not for rejection unless you were like insane.

CSMajor

Post by CSMajor »

I just had my site visit and it wasn't an evaluation at all. It was more of them explaining what they do and seeing my interests. Then at the end asked me what projects I'd like to be placed on and answered additional questions. Overall amazing experience.