DrugTest

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
Guest73

DrugTest

Post by Guest73 »

Hi I'm from California and I stopped smoking marijuana as soon as I got my award but I'm not sure I would pass a drug test when my site visit occurs. Can someone tell me if they will drug test at the site visit?
Has anyone who has been on a site visit been tested?

ForensicMS

Re: DrugTest

Post by ForensicMS »

I was not drug tested, and I don't believe you would be tested at the site visit. Technically, you do not accept the award officially until after the visit, so I don't think they would waste time/money testing people who still might decline the award.

kbl2017

Post by kbl2017 »

You won't be tested on your site visit. I imagine it won't be until we start the security clearance process - at the very least until they start to pay us.

guest4432

Post by guest4432 »

I agree with the previous posters about there not being a drugtest at the site visit. When I got my security clearance for a different DoD job, drugs came up a lot as you can imagine but I don't recall any drug testing. However you should expect (depending on the level of clearance you'll need) to be asked about it attached to a polygraph. Don't do anything you wouldn't want to talk about during a polygraph from now on.