DrugTest

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients

DrugTest

Postby Guest73 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:57 pm

Hi I'm from California and I stopped smoking marijuana as soon as I got my award but I'm not sure I would pass a drug test when my site visit occurs. Can someone tell me if they will drug test at the site visit?
Has anyone who has been on a site visit been tested?
Guest73

Re: DrugTest

Postby ForensicMS » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:35 pm

I was not drug tested, and I don't believe you would be tested at the site visit. Technically, you do not accept the award officially until after the visit, so I don't think they would waste time/money testing people who still might decline the award.
ForensicMS

Postby kbl2017 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:08 pm

You won't be tested on your site visit. I imagine it won't be until we start the security clearance process - at the very least until they start to pay us.
kbl2017

Postby guest4432 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:06 pm

I agree with the previous posters about there not being a drugtest at the site visit. When I got my security clearance for a different DoD job, drugs came up a lot as you can imagine but I don't recall any drug testing. However you should expect (depending on the level of clearance you'll need) to be asked about it attached to a polygraph. Don't do anything you wouldn't want to talk about during a polygraph from now on.
guest4432

Return to Recipients