Failed a Class

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
failure

Failed a Class

Post by failure »

I recently got this award and watched the orientation where in SMART we can have our award taken away for failing a class, etc. If I just failed a class and I am able to fit it into my schedule in a year or two when should I inform SMART? Should I inform them or will they just see it on my transcript and know?

littlehope

Re: Failed a Class

Post by littlehope »

I would imagine that as long as the class failure does not drop your overall GPA below 3.0 or delay your graduation there should be not conflicts. In the case that it does, for overall GPA you have one semester to raise it back to good standing (3.0 or above). This can be found in the SMART handbook. As for a delay in graduation that is a bigger issue that is harder to resolve and would make it more likely for you to lose the award. I would suggest informing them if it affects either of the two scenarios mentioned above because they WILL see it on your transcript so it may be better to get ahead to show them you are being proactive about it.

kbl2017

Re: Failed a Class

Post by kbl2017 »

failure wrote:I recently got this award and watched the orientation where in SMART we can have our award taken away for failing a class, etc. If I just failed a class and I am able to fit it into my schedule in a year or two when should I inform SMART? Should I inform them or will they just see it on my transcript and know?
They aren't funding that class, so as long as you can retake it next semester and you let them know about it, I doubt it's a problem. The 3.0 is for SMART funded classes.